If you thought that the only way to make nails look fancy is by adding colors and patterns, think again! You can portray your personality with the help of the best nail shapes to suit you. Most people know about just a couple of traditional shapes, such as round or flat tops.
But wait! There are so many more to choose from! With the best nail files and other shaping equipment, you can transform your fingers completely. Surprised and curious? Read more to find out more about the best nail shapes for your hands!
Best Nail Shapes for Your Hands
Want to make your nails look stunning? Here are some eye-catching nail shapes that you should consider:
a) Round: For the active women who like to keep their nails short, round nails are a classic shape to conform to the natural curve of the fingertips.
b) Oval: For long nails and slender nail beds, oval nails that taper off to a rounded top are an excellent choice. But you need to work patiently to achieve it.
c) Square: square nails have a flat top and straight sides, all of which meet at sharp corners. It’s a chic look for sophisticated and bold women.
d) Squoval: This is a hybrid of square and oval nails. They look great on short to medium nails and are a universally popular nail shape.
e) Almond: almond nails are quite similar to oval nails, except the tip tapers more sharply and ends at a rounded point, just like a real almond.
f) Stiletto: The stiletto nail starts from a wide base and tapers off to create a dramatic point. This shape can create a feline look on long nails.
g) Ballerina/Coffin: Shaped like the soft-edged tip of the pointe shoes, ballerina or coffin nails have slightly convex sides with a rather straight top.
h) Lipstick: The lipstick is a unique nail shape that resembles the tip of a new lipstick. The tip is cut diagonally to create a sharp, slanted tip.
i) Flare: If you want to up the Square nail to create a dramatic look, try the flare. The sides spread out so that the tip is wider than the base.
j) Mountain Peak: As the name suggests, the mountain peak is pretty much about a short “peak”. It’s like the stiletto, only shorter and cuter.
k) Arrowhead: A shape fit for the strong nails, the arrowhead gives you v-shaped nail tips to resemble the sharp and pointed head of the head.
l) Edge: The nail sides are given a somewhat straight shape, and from the mid-length of the nail, a pointed tip is created sharply to give you the edge.
From classic and soothing looks to modern and eye-catching, there are many options for the best nail shapes. If you can pull them off with confidence, you’ll surely turn heads at work and at parties.
Choosing the Best Nail Shape for Your Hands:
Can’t wait to try on these amazing nail shapes? We understand your excitement. While all of them are worth trying, you can choose specific shapes that will particularly complement your hands and fingers. Let’s check out the shapes that are most popular among women of different finger shapes.
- For women with short but slender fingers, squoval is a popular choice. They also love round, oval, and almond nails. They create an illusion of length.
- On the other hand, It’s best to avoid nail shapes with blunt tips if the fingers are short and thick. Choose oval, ballerina, or almond instead.
- The favorite nail shapes among those with long and thin fingers are those with flat edges like square or squoval. These shapes accentuate the best features of your hands.
- Again, for long, thick fingers, nail shapes like almond or oval, with a medium or long length, help in balancing the features.
- If you’d like to keep the nails short and hassle-free, both square and round nails can work for you wonderfully.
These are just the basic suggestions, based on conventions and finger shapes. You can use this as a basic guideline and experiment with the shapes. The top five most popular nail shapes are as follows:
- Round – Nothing can beat simplicity, and the round nail’s popularity is proof of that. They are easy to maintain, and oh-so-stylish!
- Squoval – squoval seems like a universal favorite among people with different finger shapes. That’s because it suits all occasions and looks.
- Oval – The traditional round shape gets a slightly more modern twist with the oval. It’s sophisticated, feminine, and fashionable.
- Square – If you have medium or long nails, shaping them into a square can be a ravishing look, as long as you’re willing to take care of the corners.
- Almond – For a woman with a “sweet and spicy” personality, almond Nails are an ideal choice. They are pretty and feminine, but with an edge.
You can go with popular choices and guidelines if you are absolutely new to the world of nail shaping. Or, you can try to experience and have fun by breaking the norms and showing off something absolutely unique and stunning.
Best Products to Shape Nails
Now that you know of the best shapes, it’s time to take a look at the tools you will need to achieve these beautiful shapes and take care of your nails.
1. SFYDOM 2020 New Rainbow Manicure Kits (18 pcs)
Want to groom and shape your nails while on the go? The Rainbow manicure set from the house of SPYDOM is the perfect kit with a stunning look. The set contains 18 tools, from nail clippers to nail files. You can perform your pedicure with it. It has everything you could ask for in a personal grooming kit.
Why We Love It:
- The tools are made of stainless steel and are sturdy and durable.
- The rainbow colors add a dazzling and feminine look to the kit.
- It comes with a cute box, and the kit is easy to carry around.
2. Beurer 24-piece Professional Manicure & Pedicure Nail Drill Kit
Planning to take nail shaping seriously? Then an electric nail drill might just be the best choice – with the 24-piece nail drill kit by Beurer being one of the best on the market. It is a complete set with multiple sanding bands and attachments. You can get pro-quality nail-shaping with the help of this manicure kit.
Why We Love It:
- It has stainless steel attachments that will last for several years.
- It offers 18 speed settings so that you can perform all mani/pedi tasks.
- The dual rotation system allows you to operate the tool with both hands.
3. Honey Joy 3-Way Magic Multi-Functional Manicure Pedicure Tool
If you’re a beginner, any nail shaping tool that will have multiple purposes is a blessing. The Honey Joy multi-functional magic tool works as a cuticle pusher, C-curve pincher, and dirt cleaner – all rolled into a single tool that looks stunning. It’s the perfect addition to your nail grooming kit at home or nail salon.
Why We Love It:
- It’s three tools put into one, preventing chances of losing tools.
- It is made of strong and durable stainless steel material.
- It is designed to maintain your firm grip on it while working.
4. SyncMarket SpinSnips Stainless Steel Fingernail Clippers – Pedicure or Manicure Cuticle Trimmer
The SpinSnips nail clipper by SyncMarket is a unique tool that not only trims finger and toe nails but also cuts cuticles. This trimmer, with a rotating head, makes nail-shaping really easy for you. You can use it on natural nails as well as acrylic nails. It is also easy to hold while clipping nails. This tool is a must-have!
Why We Love It:
- The 360-degree rotating head makes nail-clipping easy, even with non-dominant hands.
- It is an extra-sharp nail clipper that can even trim hard acrylic nails and toenails.
- This all-purpose trimmer is perfect for fingers, toes, and also cuticles.
5. Aafke Professional Nail Files and Buffers Kit (14 PCS)
All professional nail technicians will tell you about the importance of the best nail files and buffers in shaping your nails and giving them the perfect finishing. The entire nail file and buffer kit, with 14 tools, is the perfect addition to your nail salon. The package is perfect for all types of nails.
Why We Like It:
- The package has all the tools needed to give shape and shine to all nail types.
- There are two types of nail file grits for all filing needs.
- The buffer and nail brush will give your nails the perfect finish.
The best nail shapes will look stylish and feminine. But how traditional do you want your nails to look – and how edgy and bold are you ready to be? That depends on your personal choice. No matter what your choice is, you can have fun with nail shapes without any fear! After all, the nails will grow soon, and you can give it a whole other shape – if you have the right tools.